From the beginning of our wedding planning, darling and I agreed that we would like to hold our wedding banquet at a hotel for the reason that we were the first of our families to get married and also for the comfort of our elderly relatives who were also more traditional.
|Image credit: booking.com
Wedding banquets are a great way to celebrate tying the knot but do keep in mind that it comes with a hefty price tag, here are some things you would like to keep in mind while planning the celebratory lunch or dinner.
The high cost of wedding banquets in Singapore – Year upon year the prices have been increasing per table, aside from the ideals of high ceilings and pillar-less ballrooms, the cost was the biggest factor for us. I wanted a package that had the best frills, such as free-flow alcohol and a hotel stay for us as well as for our bridesmaids. It really helps when you list down your wants for the event and discuss with your partner what you really can make do without.
Deciding the number of tables for your wedding banquet – Yes it is tempting to invite the entire kampong but the question is will everyone turn up? Never expect the ang pao to foot the bill it is a very risky assumption. Keep your guest list to close friends and family. For darlings and my case, 30 individuals did not turn up for the event but thankfully we have many generous guests. We chose to have about 20 tables with 1 reserve.
Furama Riverfront a dear friend’s brother held his wedding at the location and she shared that the service was good. The hotel which is located at 405 Havelock Rd, Singapore 169633, met all our requirements as well as our budget.
Why we chose the Mercury Ballroom at Furama Riverfront –
· The Mercury ballroom on Level 5 could accommodate from 25 to 34 Tables.
· It has a nice view of the forest on one side and on the other, a poolside decorated with fairy lights that light up at night on the other.
· A lift also goes directly to the ballroom there was also more privacy in the indoor foyer area compared to the Venus Ballroom which is shared amongst the Jupiter ballrooms.
· The downside was the low ceiling and many pillars but the 3 projector screens made up for it. The price was right and the hotel was able to accommodate our 21 tables so we sealed the deal.
|Poolside view to Mercury Ballroom
Attractive Budget-Friendly Wedding Banquet by Furama Riverfront – The management has really pulled out all the stops, from free-flow alcohol, hotels stay for us as well as for our bridesmaids, door gifts, even a mini dim sum buffet for your guest before the wedding begins. We couldn’t ask for more, it was indeed all we needed.
In-House Bakery At Furama Hotel – Artisan cakes have been in the rage lately and I didn’t like the idea of cutting into a Styrofoam cake. Furama Riverfront has its very own in-house bakery and was able to provide us with a real one which was another huge plus for me. I didn’t mind forking out a bit more money for the cake that my guest would enjoy without the hassle of making a logistical arrangement with an outside vendor.
Their speciality cake is their chocolate cake which will be given to you in its 1 kg form as part of the package.
Apologies for the sliced-up cake, haha my Mother Law Couldn’t wait to have a slice before we took a photo.
My hubby and I went greedy mama haha when we found out haha.
There you go our reasons for picking Furama Riverfront, I hope the information helped you in some way in deciding your venue. Happy Planning!
- My Wedding Journey 1 – Planning your finances and budgeting
- MyWedding Journey 2 – How To Pick The Right Wedding Vendors
- MyWedding Journey 3 – Save On Wedding Decor With DIY Crafts
- MyWedding Journey 4- Furama Riverfront Our Wedding Banquet Choice
- MyWedding Journey 5 – Cang-Ai Wedding Prewedding and Actual Day Package
- MyWedding Journey 6 – Selecting Venues for Pre-Wedding Shoot in Singapore
- MyWedding Journey 7 – Prewedding Shoot with Cang Ai in Singapore
- MyWedding Journey 8 – Our Catholic Church Wedding
- MyWedding Journey 9 – Where to get beautiful and affordable wedding invitations
- MyWedding Journey 10 – Bridesmaid and Groomsmen Gifts
- MyWedding Journey 11- Wedding Props for the wedding banquet
- WeddingJourney 12 – Where to Get wedding shoes on a Budget
- MyWedding Journey 13- Singapore Professional Emcee For Weddings
- MyWedding Journey 14 – Where I purchase a kabaya Singapore
- MyWedding Journey 15- Wedding Lunch Catering Services
- My Wedding Journey 16- Actual Day Wedding All in one package Photography and Videography,
- GateCrash Games
- MyWedding Journey 17 – Hen Party JEN Singapore Tanglin by Shangri-La andBridesmaid dress shopping – Sweet Bunny